Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Awareness of Your Call

"...for necessity is laid upon me, yes woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!" I Cor 9:16

Today's reading was concerning one's personal "call" from God, the awareness of it and the complete surrender to it. Paul's calling was to preach, as read here in Corinthians. To point of this verse is that nothing else should compete for your strength once your "call" is recognized it should be a pull, a drive in you and you be made miserable if you are not serving and following your personal "call" from God. We each have one..the key is knowing it and not being jealous of someone else's call. Too often we wish we could preach, teach , sing, etc... the more"in view" calls from God. But there are so many different ways He can call you to serve and use your gifts He has given you. Each is as important as the other if they are used in the right way and in harmony. If you are serving and following your "call", the rest of your life will be in harmony as well.
Have you struggled with this? I know I have. I would love to share and to hear your experiences.
Blessings to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment