Thursday, October 1, 2009

We Can't Stay in the Moutain Top

"..Jesus took them high up on the mountain apart by themselves..." Mark 9:2

This study is one that allways makes me a bit nervous. Because I know that the calm and peace that is surrounding me now cannot last and a new trial will begin. Right now things in my life a very peaceful and relatively calm. I do not know if I am on the "mountain top" but I am certainly on my way up and most certainly am not in a spiritual valley. However we cannot stay in peace time forever. Right after Jesus took his disciples on the mountain, he took them back down and they lifted up the demon possessed people in the village of the valley. So is our spiritual life. The same God that watches in our trials is the exact same God that holds us in the storms and the same God that celebrates with us in our triumphs. The key is to let him celebrate with you, recognize His power and praise Him in each everyday triumph. He loves to be loved. and just like us its the "little" things that count. You may find that your BIG victories get bigger by loving Him, snuggling up and cuddling Him in the smallest of ways on a daily basis.
Blessings to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment